Adoro a Dorothy Parker

.
Vocês conhecem o trabalho de Dorothy Parker? Escritora americana, ficou conhecida por suas tiradas divertidas, sábias e sacrcásticas. Adoro as poesias dela. Eis algumas, para os falantes de inglês se deliciarem:



Unfortunate Coincidence

By the time you swear you're his,
Shivering and signing,
And he vows his passion is
Infinite, undying--
Lady, make a note of this:
One of you is lying.




Coda


There's little in taking or giving,
There's little in water or wine;
This living, this living, this living
Was never a project of mine.
Oh, hard is the struggle, and sparse is
The gain of the one at the top,
For art is a form of catharsis,
And love is a permanent flop,
And work is the province of cattle,
And rest's for a clam in a shell,
So I'm thinking of throwing the battle ---
Would you kindly direct me to hell?



Symptom Recital


I do not like my state of mind;
I'm bitter, querulous, unkind.
I hate my legs, I hate my hands,
I do not yearn for lovelier lands.
I dread the dawn's recurrent light;
I hate to go to bed at night.
I snoot at simple, earnest folk.
I cannot take the simplest joke.
I find no peace in paint or type.
My world is but a lot of tripe.
I'm disillusioned, empty-breasted.
For what I think, I'd be arrested.
I am not sick. I am not well.
My quondam dreams are shot to hell.
My soul is crushed, my spirit sore:
I do not like me any more.
I cavil, quarrel, grumble, grouse.
I ponder on the narrow house.
I shudder at the thought of men.
I'm due to fall in love again.


Experience


Some men break your heart in two,
Some men fawn and flatter,
Some men never look at you;
And that clears up the matter.



Theory


Into love, and out again,
Thus I went, and thus I go.
Spare your voice, and hold your pen ---
Well and bitterly I know
All the songs were ever sung,
All the words were ever said;
Could it be, when I was young,
Some one dropped me on my head?

Comentários

Postagens mais visitadas deste blog

A tática da bolsa

Como fingir que você entende de vinho